Highways Maintenance Operative
Are you looking for a new role where you can make a difference in your local community? Do you want to be a part of a team of over 20,000 dedicated employees helping to create better places to live, work and travel? Well look no further.
We are looking for keen and enthusiastic applicants for the positions of Highways Maintenance Operative.
- Working hours: 40 hours a week
- Shift Pattern: Mon-Fri 07:45-16:30 plus contracted stand-by
- Contract: Permanent
- Location: Haysden Depot (Tonbridge), Upper Haysden Lane, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 8AA
What is the purpose of this role?
To install temporary traffic management and cover all aspects of highways maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil’s works, litter picking and etc. also to undertake Winter and emergency call out and standby.
What will the role involve?
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including; Carriageway patching, kerbing, cover replacement, keeping the network safe for all users.
- Working as part of a two-operative team you will be required to remove tree stumps and then reinstating the footway after.
- Participate in winter maintenance services; precautionary gritting, the safe clearance of snowfall
- You will be financially rewarded when required to attend emergency and out of hours’ response services throughout the year
- Follow Amey’s Zero Code by ensuring yourself, others and the working environments are safe
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a Full Driving Licence – must have an LGV Driving Licence (Class C)
- Have experience in an industry role such as civil engineering, groundworks or any other relevant background
- Be knowledgeable on Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Be willing to learn and develop new skills
Why work for Amey?
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.