Part time HR Manager, London
Our client is a dynamic and fast-growing creative media studio and they are seeking to employ their first standalone generalist HR Manager.
This person will need to have film/TV/media experience as well as have worked in a standalone role within a successful start-up organisation. You will possess a well-rounded HR background and have a proven track record of leading HR effectively. This role will be working in conjunction with the Talent Manager for recruitment and the Operations and Culture Manager and the Chief Business Officer to provide statutory oversight on HR.
Candidates need to display a high level of communication, planning, organisation and problem solving abilities, and will thrive in a changeable environment. An open minded and flexible approach, the ability to learn and be adaptable to the creative environment is desired.
A flexible working attitude and acceptance of change is required.
This person should have hands-on experience and be able to work across a multi-site scope, so the ability to handle multiple tasks with ease is essential.
Confident in the management of conflicting opinions they will be able to manage the diverse personalities within the organization.
HR & Employee Engagement
- Create an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair as well as balancing business needs with employee needs.
- Promote and drive key HR initiatives across departments, including staffing, performance management, training and development, rewards & recognition, organisational effectiveness and employee communication.
- Work with department managers, and staff to establish and maintain a positive work environment which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities. Ensure that managers are actively communicating with their teams and monitoring any departmental activity.
- Prepare and drive an effective on boarding and employee life cycle process – preparing and carrying out inductions for new starters, managing the probation review process, introducing an appraisal system, contract review process, annual salary reviews through to managing the leaver process.
- Manage all HR administration – update the internal HR database and HR Toolkit, update starters and leavers, archiving personnel files, contract extensions, managing a sickness absence process.
- Ensure that Accounts are updated with any salary changes, starters and leavers.
- Log all absence including sickness, holiday, unpaid leave, compassionate leave and TOIL, escalating any issues to Departmental Managers, where appropriate.
- Respond to all reference enquiries for current and ex-employees.
- Ensure all employee files are maintained.
- Compile salary benchmark reports, holiday and sickness reports and assist the Department Managers in managing high sickness/holiday cases. Lead on any staff related projects.
- Carry out regular HR Audits.
- Hold regular meetings with to stay abreast of staffing needs across all productions.
- Write job descriptions and advertisements, ensuring input and sign off from relevant Heads of Department.
- Post new jobs to the appropriate websites and understand the Resident Labour Market Test for visa compliance, working with Business Affairs.
- Communicate with candidates via email and phone, schedule phone, video, and onsite interviews, ensuring the best candidate experience possible, and making sure that all applicants receive timely updates on their status.
- Collect and manage candidate referrals. Identifying recruitment strategies as well as ensure diverse candidates slates and top quality candidate selection.
- Undertaking and supporting the visa process for new and existing employees
Location: NW London
Flexibility: 4 days a week
Salary: £45-49K for 4 days
Recruiter contact: Linda Baldwin