Head of Financial Planning, Surrey
Our client is a boutique independent wealth management firm, based in a picturesque village in Surrey, with easy access to London and the M25. They are looking for a qualified Financial Planner, able to take on a key role in a growing professional financial planning business and continuing their professional development in a leadership role.
Their clients are from the professional services sector, business leaders and entrepreneurs.
This role has a dual focus of business building through finding, developing and servicing new and existing clients and managing and developing a growing team of financial planners.
Business generation through networking and referral generation is central to this role and a desire to develop this side of the business is essential. The ability to formulate business development plans for yourself and to follow through, leading prospective clients through our on boarding process to become clients.
Management of the other Financial Planners is an equally important part of the role, conducting yourself as a role model to them and enabling them to serve our clients knowledgeably and professionally.
You will be working directly with prospective and existing clients and their families, supporting them to achieve their financial planning goals and giving expert advice on:
- Investment and portfolio construction
- Cashflow planning and modelling
- Pension and retirement planning
- Inheritance tax and estate planning
- Capital protection
- Life planning and goal setting
You will be responsible for the ongoing client investment reviews, regularly assessing their progress towards and achievement of their goals, and supporting their relationships with professional partners across legal, tax, probate and accountancy disciplines.
- Degree level education
- Ideally a Chartered Financial Planner, minimum Level 4 qualified, with a desire to continually learn and progress qualifications (support provided)
- Maintained CPD records
- Current SPS certificate
- A good working knowledge of IRESS’s Adviser Office and Morningstar’s Adviser Workstation
- An existing client bank is not a prerequisite although will be actively considered.
Flexibility: 4 or 5 days a week flexible working
Recruiter contact – Linda Baldwin