Project Manager - Part Time & Flexible Working Available
Project Manager - Part-time/Flexible - 2 days/week
Hubbub and You
Together, our clients tell great stories that will change the world. We work with them to help identify their voice - their story and where they tell it - coupled with their medium, to bring people together and fund their ambition.
Hubbub operates in the relatively new world of digital, and bringing this into charity fundraising at scale is a logistical challenge, both for us and for our clients. Without a guide, coordination, and method, it can sometimes feel like it takes the entire world to screw in a lightbulb. This is where you come in. We are looking for a unique individual to join our team as our planner/project-lead, bringing together the best of the skills and experience of the Hubbub team in a coordinated way to make sure that lightbulb moment happens. Think of yourself as the conductor of the Hubbub orchestra.
Your first few projects will bring you in contact with diversity and impact immediately, from a charity widely credited with ending polio in the UK, to the biggest university in the world, breaking down barriers to learning.
There are great people here, and we think you’re a great person too. Come and join us.
To ensure that client services projects are delivered successfully and on-time using the wonderful Hubbub team and its people.
It is important that you:
- Love the idea of being (and keeping other people) organised
- Feel good about phone, email and various instant messenger conversations
- Enjoy extracting clarity in the form of key points and actions from conversations, email trails and documents
- Love building relationships with people who make good change happen
- Want to enjoy the work you do and know it’s making a big difference to the world by working with transformational charities and nonprofits
This basically boils down to:
- Ensuring that deadlines are met by team members and by clients, keeping in mind the bigger picture of what delivery and success means
- Using existing systems (such as Trello, Notion, Google Drive, Slack, etc) or suggesting new ones to effectively manage tasks, actions and critically communication
- Keeping systems, documents and plans up to date and adjusting where necessary
- Identifying critical blockers and planning ahead to remove dependencies (in non-jargon, make sure people aren’t on holiday at critical times…!)
- Figuring out what new awesome projects are coming by talking to the commercial and customer success teams, and planning resourcing
- Reporting in a simple manner on project progress and overall load
We are not qualifications or even experience driven. But we do need to see evidence you can do this, because honestly we move so fast we can’t afford to get this wrong. We believe in you, and we want you to believe in yourself, so even if you’ve only run small projects before, tell us about how you managed them.
We care that you’re one of those people who communicates professionally but not obsessively formally, focuses on content and deliverables, enjoys planning and organizing others (frankly, if you’re a bit bossy, excellent), and ideally you care about the awesome impact of the work you do.
We’ll ask you to do a couple of short tasks associated with communication and project management to see how you choose to break things down, what questions you ask, and how you arrange things. This is to give us a flavour of what working with you is going to feel like.