Lead Commercial Banking Director- Healthcare and Hospitality & Leisure
Do you enjoy building successful teams, capturing the market with your drive and enthusiasm? Are you an expert in commercial lending? Do you have an established network across the professionals and operators in the Specialist Sectors sector? If this sounds like you….. Read on
As a Lead Commercial Banking Director you are accountable for delivering the Metro Bank brand and business model for commercial banking. The key focus is to create and maintain a portfolio of commercial banking customers. You will achieve this through business development, promotion of the Metro Bank brand via networking events and the local community.
So what would you be doing?
• Leading a high performing team to consistently support and deliver an amazing customer service, across the UK, to our existing and future customers. This in turn will create fans from your customer base. Once you have built and established relationships with your customers, you will be finding new ways to help support their businesses as they evolve and grow, which is essential to retaining customer relationships and building your portfolio of commercial banking customers.
•Your previous experience will guide you to know what you are looking at when understanding the competition’s offering and ensuring the Metro Bank product range and process is game-changing
• You will be the strategic lead focusing on the Bank’s Specialist Sectors product offering, including maximising geographical distribution, building our broker and introducer network, and ensuring your team focuses on every opportunity
• You will oversee the entire deal from start-to-finish and keep the customer updated to ensure that each part of the process is an amazing experience for our customers. Work with and influence internal teams to deliver to deadlines
• Building amazing relationships with your internal colleagues to provide our customers with a first class experience across all areas of Metro Bank, adopting the One Bank approach.
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Display all the qualities associated with running a successful team. You are likely to be nurturing in style, supportive and have the ability and know how to develop new leaders of the future
• Demonstrate a passion for understanding and getting to know the strategies and ambitions of Specialist Sectors businesses. You will need to be an expert in galvanising teams and developing the UK wide sales strategy
• It’s important that you ask lots of questions to make sure that we are lending responsibly and keeping the Bank safe. You will have an eye for detail and make sure that we are always ahead of the competition
• Being an ambassador for the Bank and the Specialist Sectors team: spreading the word and making the Bank the first port of call for professionals in the sector
• Support Commercial Banking Directors with their complex business entities, larger sized deals and attend higher worth networking events
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of the products we offer, Asset & Invoice Finance businesses, cash management and all other types of retail and commercial lending
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!