Finance Administrator- Part Time/Flexible
Can you help us, so we can help others?
We are an award-winning healthcare communications agency where people matter. We help our clients communicate with patients, healthcare professionals and their organisations. This can be done through producing materials for patients that communicate complex medical conditions in an easy to understand way, to holding a sales conference in a foreign country for the launch of the latest treatment that is about to change lives.
We also care about our team and have twice won the workingmums.co.uk award for the best SME, as well as winning the IPA’s (our governing body) Gold award three years in a row for our investment in our team’s professional development.
We have grown considerably over the last few years and now feel it is time to have some in-house financial support. The role would be varied and can grow into whatever you make it. The more value you bring, the wider and greater the opportunities. We expect the role to be no more than 20hrs a week to start which could fit in with school hours. We are always open to discussing flexibility and how the role could potentially work.
You would be working with a variety of different people with varying skills, from designers and animators, to medical writers, copywriters and planners. The majority of your time would be working with the client facing team, who currently run the budgets for all projects.
We are looking for someone with certain obvious skills, such as book keeping and excellent Excel capabilities. However, someone who fits in with the existing team is equally important, so interpersonal skills are vital.
The role will report directly into the Directors.
- Raise, issue and monitor client invoices
- Raise and send purchase orders as requested
- Develop and monitor financial budgets for individual projects
- Create and monitor payment schedules for individual projects
- Report on any variances in project budgets
- Ensure that budget reconciliations are completed within fixed timelines
- Process receipts and supplier invoices using Xero
- Monitor timesheets and ensure they are completed on a weekly basis
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Liaise with the company accountant
- Provide any other financial administrative and clerical support as needed
- Adhere to the company’s financial policies and procedures
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience of using Xero accounting software
- Good IT skills and experience of Cloud computing
- Understanding of billing on a time-base billing system for WIP (work in progress)
- Excellent Office 365 skills
- Ability to read and comprehend management accounts
- Ability to construct and monitor budgets
- Preferably experience of using Ariba
- Preferably experience in a marketing/advertising agency
- Good sense of humour!
Please apply with a CV and covering letter explaining why you think you would be right for this role.