Enterprise Architect - Cloud - Flexible Working Available
You might not know that Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) is the UK's leading digital bank and its biggest mobile bank - with over 13 million active online customers.
And with over 30m customers we're looking to harness the data we hold to ensure we become the best Bank for customers through our products and services.
We're now embarking on a three year, £3bn, transformation programme - putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and data capabilities to build the bank of the future. We are investing in digitising, modernising and transforming our IT landscape. Our goal is to ensure Infrastructure and Security are enablers of agile, efficient change with technologies that can deliver secure, resilient and cost-effective solutions - at pace.
Could you have a key role to play in it?
Here's where you'll make a difference:
We are investing in digitising, modernising and transforming our IT landscape. Our goal is to ensure Infrastructure and Security are enablers of agile, efficient change with technologies that can deliver secure, resilient and cost-effective solutions - at pace.
To help us drive this transformation we are searching for leaders with a passion for making a difference. We're recruiting an Enterprise Architect who can combine technical, leadership and communication skills to drive strategy and adoption of key strategies across the group. Working as part of the CIO and CSO Architecture team, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving strategies that unlock the potential of Public Cloud using the power of modern architectures and engineering methods.
We are pursuing a hybrid cloud strategy, in which the role of public cloud platforms is critical and growing. We are looking for someone who can help us on the next stage of our journey to transform how we deliver critical applications on the cloud. You'll be setting strategy for how the infrastructure works, how it is secured, but critically you'll also understand how to architect applications to take advantage of the cloud. You'll be evangelising the benefits of containers and managed services, working with business facing architecture and engineering teams to define strategies of how we modernise our application landscape.
You'll have deep experience of at least one of the hyperscale cloud providers, ideally more, but experience of unlocking cloud potential in an enterprise context is even more critical. You'll be a technologist but also be able to articulate wider operating model impacts, explaining the people and process impacts of the transformations.
The ability to provide visionary leadership and clear communications for stakeholders of all levels from across the organisation will set the candidate apart. These stakeholders will be a mix of senior leaders, engineering and operational communities. The role is not hands-on, but you will need to work collaboratively with our engineering teams to ensure your strategy delivers the outcomes we are seeking.
To succeed, you must view problems from many different perspectives and our architectural strategies must challenge the 'status quo' to create solutions that are not only technically sound, but also include regulatory, commercial, industry and organisational considerations.
You'll bring self-motivation, experience and passion to lead us through our transformation journey… and we'll bring opportunities on a scale and breadth not many organisations can match.
- Build compelling architecture strategies and roadmaps with comprehensive inputs from Business, Engineering, Operations, Industry and Vendors. Proactively publicising and guiding relevant stakeholders and business groups;
- Keep pace with the latest industry trends and vendor offerings to ensure our strategy and roadmaps capitalise on opportunities, for example DevSecOps, Containers, PaaS
- Influence of major strategic change programmes with respect to infrastructure, security and engineering;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business groups to interlock future demand and shaping solutions to meet these demands;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with engineering teams to architect, design and deliver capability;
- Programme shaping and architecture leadership for key strategic programmes;
- Proactively support Information Security and compliance teams to identify architectural risks in the enterprise and their recommendations for remediation.
So what can we offer you in return? A package that includes:
- Performance related bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Health cover
- A flexible benefit cash pot to craft around your lifestyle
- Share schemes including free shares
- Discounted products and discounted high street shopping
So if joining us at a critical and exciting time is of interest then we'd love to hear from you…