Highways Maintenance Operative
Are you looking for a new role where you can make a difference in your local community? Do you want to be a part of a team of over 20,000 dedicated employees helping to create better places to live, work and travel? Well look no further.
We are looking for keen and enthusiastic applications for the position of Highways Maintenance Operatives.
- Location: Cirencester Depot
- Address: Gloucestershire County Council, 2 Love Lane, GL7 1YG Cirencester, Gloucestershire
- Working hours: 40hrs a week
- Shift pattern: Mon-Fri 07:45-16:30
- Contract: Permanent
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake the installation of temporary traffic management, and all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil's works, and litter picking.
What will this role involve?
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including; Carriageway patching, kerbing, cover replacement, keeping the network safe for all users.
- Working as part of a two-operative team you will be required to remove tree stumps and then reinstating the footway after.
- Participate in winter maintenance services; precautionary gritting, the safe clearance of snowfall
- You will be financially rewarded when required to attend emergency and out of hours' response services throughout the year
- Follow Amey's Zero Code by ensuring yourself, others and the working environments are safe
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a Full Driving Licence
- HGV Class C (advantageous)
- Have experience in an industry role such as civil engineering, groundworks or any other relevant background
- Be knowledgeable on Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Be willing to learn and develop new skills
Why work for Amey?
In return for your commitments you will be making a difference within your local community. Working for Amey, you will be eligible to receive excellent benefits such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- 24 days paid holiday + bank holidays with the options to purchase additional holiday
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme
- Discounts at high street stores including, cheaper cinema tickets and special offers available at local restaurants