To ensure safe production is maximised, in line with the business strategy.
Nominated as the Responsible Person outside of office hours for all plant and process related matters.
To deliver and supervise tasks effectively to agreed standards, timescales and in line with all safety policies.
As a Responsible Person, manage all aspects of the Safe System of Work along with the control of Plant and/or Apparatus.
Play an active role in plant safety schemes such as Near Misses or Incident Investigations, provide support where required and implement any recommendations arising from such schemes.
Responsibilities / Role Specific Responsibilities
- Undertake all duties in a reliable, skilled, flexible constructive manner. Assisting the team as required.
- Monitor the performance of the team.
- Motivate and lead team members, give guidance and advice to other members. Deal with day to day discipline of the team.
- Attend training courses necessary for development of the skills needed to carry out the tasks performed by the work group and learn how to behave safely.
- Ensuring thorough communication of all new processes.
- Ability and confidence to control and demonstrate all systems.
- General administration tasks.
- Responsible for the day-to-day safety and environmental performance of the plant.
- Responsible for maximising the availability of the plant and taking proactive measures to improve plant reliability.
- Maintain authorisation as a Responsible Person under the Amey Safety Rules.
- Implements the companies' health, safety and environmental management policies.
- Participate in the HSE forum and initiate company/site HSE initiatives and activities.
- Responsible for monitoring plant performance, identify areas for improvement and take the proactive steps needed to implement the necessary solutions.
- Augment plant efficiencies and engineering solutions.
- Plant related technical certificate.
- Computer literacy - Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook - desirable.
- Excellent Planning and Organisational skills, able to effectively prioritise and multi-task.
- Team Building Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Motivational Skills.
- Planning Skills.
- Ability to communicate with team and management.
- High level of problem solving skills.
- Experience in a Process Control role.
- Experience in a supervisory role, ideally within the Energy from Waste sector. Alternatively Power Generation or Petrochemical Industries.
- The ability to manage and lead a team in the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Self-motivated, leads, motivates and enthuses team to achieve results.
- Focussed on business objectives while managing day to day activities.
- Proactive planning & management skills to deliver service.
- Understanding mechanical treatment processes and requirements.
Role specific requirements
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of process plant and controls.
- The ability to work shift patterns with changes at short notice.
- Behaviour of rotating machinery and monitoring techniques.
- Safe Systems of Work and the role of the enforcement agency (H.S.E).
- Basic chemical processes associated with modern plant such as water treatment and emission control.
- Responsible for utilising 'on shift' maintenance skills to carry out routine maintenance and repairs to emergent defects.
- Providing supervision of Technicians to include first line fault finding, technical advice and back up, particularly in dynamic conditions such as breakdowns.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical control and distribution systems.
- Co-ordinating safety with regard to work activities, releasing plant for maintenance and carrying out isolation, preparation and issue of safety documentation in line with Amey Safety Rules.
- Undertaking the role of emergency controller, responsible for managing all site emergencies safely and in line with local procedures.
- Shift logging, ensuring quality defect reporting, fault reporting writing and review of operational work specifications
- Project work as delegated.
- Producing detailed plant incident reports for any health, safety and environmental incidents.
- Outage planning, scheduling and co-ordination with Maintenance Manager.
- Participate in employee recruitment, selection, reviews and training.
- Build and maintain a culture of team work where team members can and want to contribute to their full potential.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Shift Team, including managing individual and team performance.
- Be a key member of the Team.