Senior Service Designer
You might not know that Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) is the UK's leading digital bank and its biggest mobile bank - with over 13 million active online customers.
And with over 30m customers we're looking to harness the data we hold to ensure we become the best Bank for customers through our products and services.
We're now embarking on a three year, £3bn, transformation programme - putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and data capabilities to build the bank of the future.
Could you have a key role to play in it?
In a period of significant digital and cultural transformation, both within Lloyds Banking Group, and across the UK as a whole, it's important to design products and services that are human centred, communicate the impact and opportunities of change in a clear and compelling manner. The Human - Centred Design team within Lloyds Banking Group's is dedicated to deeply understanding customer needs in order to identify opportunities for differentiation and competitive advantage , revealing and reimagining the exciting transformations taking place both inside and outside the organisation.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
You'll be responsible for ensuring that end-to-end service design underpins the bank's human-centred design and you'll work with cross-functional transformation teams to drive these designs and translate the service design vision into actionable stories and deliverables.
You'll work closely with the journey product owner and across Divisions to agree designs, liaise with the delivery teams to support rapid resolution of design delivery issues and drive change within the business to ensure the sustainability of the programme's impact and the importance of a human-centred design approach. It's also vital that you act as an advocate of new ways of working and assist with training people, managing performance and driving career development opportunities for colleagues.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Development and continual improvement of Transformation methods and techniques
- Driving the strategy for building Service Design and business leadership capability
- Helping to change how colleagues think about solutions/problems solving
- Play a lead role in the full integration of the design disciplines that underpin CJT method
- Pay a key leadership role in the management of the team
Do you have what we need?
We are looking for a leader with demonstrable experience in:
- International ethnography and generative research
- Comparative analysis
- Organizational transformation interventions
- Leading human-centered design approach including analysis, exploration, storytelling, journey-mapping, prototyping, generative research and usability testing.
- Translating customer needs, research findings and business requirements into compelling, efficient and highly usable services.
- Developing scenarios and service blueprints that describe end-to-end customer experience, touch points and back-end service delivery systems that embody our mission and values.
- Leading co-creation activities with internal stakeholders, colleagues and customers as part of the development and design of new services.
- Small teams leadership and management
- Delivering service design and design thinking training programs
- Articulating and evangelizing service design across the organization, with partners and the general public
You'll enjoy an energising environment where you'll see our real passion for diversity and equal opportunity. We want to ensure our colleagues within Human Centred Design get genuine career opportunities as well as represent the communities we serve.
So what can we offer you in return? A package that includes:
- Performance related bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Health cover
- A flexible benefit cash pot to craft around your lifestyle
- Share schemes including free shares
- Discounted products and discounted high street shopping
So if joining us at a critical and exciting time is of interest then we'd love to hear from you…