Application Technical Analyst
Do you love working on crime fighting technologies? Are you looking to work in a dynamic, exciting and constantly changing environment? Can you guide colleagues on technical changes to products? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Technical Application Analyst for AML (Anti Money Laundering) and Screening, you will be an important part of our amazing Surround Applications team, who look after our wonderful IT products and make sure they meet our customers’ needs. This is an exciting role where you will look after and make constant improvements to some of our core technologies, which help us to grow in a safe and sustainable way.
So what would you be doing?...
• Producing change artefacts and specification documents
• Working closely with vendors on updated requirements
• Reviewing technical designs against requirements, impact assessments and implications
• Configuring applications on changes made to make sure the applications are working well
• Overseeing our code and configuration control policy
• Providing technical expertise during the deployment and upgrade of software
• Acquiring an in-depth understanding of our product features and functionality
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Experience in applications deployment, administration and support
• Previous experience with SQL
• Capable of creating wonderful solutions to solve all kinds of complex problems
• Working knowledge of a Linux Platform, preferably Redhat
• Experience in supporting web technologies (Tomcat, Jboss & IIS)
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!