Lending Manager - Flexible Working Available
Can you develop strong relationships with stakeholders? Are you well versed in all things commercial lending? Will you inspire colleagues and lead them to success? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Lending Fulfilment Manager, you will be part of Business and Commercial Lending Operations. You will lead a team and act as a subject matter expert on all documentation, security taking and queries relating to the commercial, corporate and CCA regulated lending products of the Bank. You’ll be faced with a range of complex problems (predominantly legal) to solve covering the commercial drawdown process and completions. You will own a pipeline of cases, working effectively and diligently through to drawdown.
So what would you be doing?...
• Creating and maintaining great relationships with colleagues and professional legal firms
• Making sure all facility documentation produced by your colleagues is accurate and produced in a timely manner
• Overseeing the instructing of professional firms and making sure legal due diligence is completed
• Authorising colleagues’ facility documentation and drawdowns within the mandate awarded
• Attending various risk committees
• Driving continuous improvement (using LEAN principles)
• Inspiring your colleagues to grow and making sure they deliver amazing customer service directly and by leading through others.
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• You need to be able deliver great service and understand collateral and legal documentation
• Know your way around lending offers and security documentation alongside the legal due diligence process for commercial lending
• Confident in your own leadership skills and decision making
• Deep understanding of collateral and security requirements
• You might have an in house or external lending accreditation, or perhaps CeMAP, CeCM or CertBB-C qualifications
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!