Mortgage Underwriter - Flexible Working Available
Are you a mortgage underwriting hero? Are you a lending wizard? Can you provide unparalleled levels of service, by guiding customers through one of the most important journies of their lives? Can you see yourself working for the fastest growing bank on the high street, who lend an astonishing 1.6 billion last year? Then look no further, as we may have the role for you.
As a Mortgage Underwriter, you will make sure appropriate lending decisions are made in a well-timed manner, whilst providing support for colleagues with mortgage enquiries and applications, providing incredible levels of service as you go!
So what will you be doing?
• Supporting and guiding colleagues on all matters relating to the underwriting and completion of mortgages
• Managing decisions on enquiries, new applications and responding within agreed time frames
• Making mortgage lending decisions in line with lending authorities and the Bank’s lending policy
• Continually improving the development of the Bank’s mortgage proposition with customers and intermediaries
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Experience in residential mortgage lending
• Great understanding of the industry, trends products and competitors
• Strong knowledge of mortgage regulation and legal requirements
• A recent role in Mortgage Underwriting or Relationship Management
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!