Facilities/site Maintenance Operative
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
About Amey Waste Management Park
Amey delivers a range of waste services from its 400 acre Waste Management Park at Waterbeach - about three miles north of Cambridge. At the heart of these is our aim to increase recycling and make the most of waste. The Waste Management Park also acts as a transfer station for the collection and sorting of waste from local businesses and councils. Around 150 heavy vehicles traffic the site daily, helping to make the site a busy and dynamic environment.
Further information can be found at the website: https://wasteservices.amey.co.uk/where-we-work/cambridgeshire/waterbeach-waste-management-park/
What is the purpose of this role?
To maintain the site and facilities appearance and condition to high standards of cleanliness, operation and safety. Carrying out planned and reactive tasks and repairs across the site.
What will this role involve?
- Responsibility for effectively cleaning down the building facias to a planned programme.
- Ensuring the site roads, pathways, parking and signage and are clean and useable.
- Provide traffic control assistance in emergency situations, ensuring roads are kept clear and emergency response vehicles are directed to the correct location
- Provide assistance with moving furniture, equipment, materials and stock as required.
- Basic maintenance/housekeeping tasks around the facilities to include associated M&E equipment, fixtures and fittings.
- Ensuring defects are reported, recorded and actioned.
- Carrying out and completing planned and reactive repairs as requested and required.
- All activities must be carried out in accordance with the safe working methods and with the appropriate safety clothing supplied.
- Assist in the creation of costs and scoping of work.
- Present a professional and courteous image to our customers.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience of some form in the construction or maintenance and repair of building structures or building services, mechanical / electrical plant and equipment is recommended.
- A keen and motivated individual with a focussed approach to service delivery.
- Able to demonstrate a committed, flexible and enthusiastic approach to varying duties.
- Ability to follow and adhere to instructions and relevant safety policies and procedures.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of maintaining levels of service and working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work under prolonged periods of sustained physical effort.
- Willing to be trained and develop further responsibilities.
- Able to present a professional image to our internal and external customers.
What makes this role unique?
You will be part of a small but essential team responsible for the day-to-day tasks aimed at sustaining a clean, tidy and well maintained site. The dynamic work involves duties both inside and outside, sometimes in inclement weather conditions, involving the use of plant, machinery, hand and power tools. You will deliver continuous improvement within the scope of role.