Senior CAD Technician
What is the purpose of this role?
Our multidisciplinary team encompasses roads, bridges and civil structures, geotechnical engineering, ITS and lighting, rail, environmental consultancy, utilities, BIM, traffic and transportation. We pride ourselves in working collaboratively with each other and with our clients to deliver innovative and practical engineering design solutions.
The purpose of this role is to help produce the schematic/concept designs for one or more of the following
- highways design projects using AutoCAD and/or Civils 3D/ Bentley MX/
- Structural design/refurbishment projects using AutoCAD and/ or Revit
- Drainage design using AutoCAD and/or Micro Drainage
You will also be producing and reviewing detailed design drawings and visiting sites to carry out inspections and/or basic surveying.
What will this role involve?
- The analysis and design of highways and drainage or structural design, progressing to detailed design and approval.
- Involvement in internal project design meetings and preparing correspondence reports.
- Assisting in the production of AutoCAD. MX and/or Civils 3D drawing information and undertaking quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue.
- Oversee the delivery of projects, supporting senior civil engineering staff with design.
- Support junior engineers and CAD Technicians.
What are we looking for?
- HNC / HND/Foundation Degree level in a relevant discipline
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Extensive experience using Civil 3D or Bentley MX or Open Roads or Micro Drainage
- Competent in the use of MS Office
- Ability to lead junior technicians
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Experience of delivering competent civil engineering designs
- Experience of the DMRB and local authority design guidelines
- Experience of Cycle by Design, Roads for All and Sustrans Design documents
- Good CAD and traffic modelling skills
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.