Personal Assistant to Executive Director - Part Time Available
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
We are currently recruiting for a PA to provide senior administrative support to the Executive Director of Strategy and Resources, the Head of Communications and the Senior Investor Relations Manager within the Strategy & Resources division. This is an exciting new opportunity to come and work with FRC. If you like variety and a challenging role then this is the role for you!
The role involves ….
• Diary Management
• Ensuring phones are answered in a professional manner, dealing with queries and requests where possible or taking messages and ensuring they are relayed and followed through
• Assisting with administrative requirements. Typing and proofing documents, drafting correspondence and producing and formatting presentations.
• Room bookings/logistics for internal and external meetings – ensuring facilities and reception have all the correct information.
• Communicating agendas and conference call dial-in details where necessary
• Maintaining contacts lists and hospitality registers
• Booking travel, processing expenses and annual leave and Any other ad hoc duties or project work as and when required
The ideal candidate will have:
• Previous experience of working within a fast paced and challenging environment, ideally in either Professional and/or financial services, working with Senior management with busy hectic work schedules
• Strong PA skills – experienced in coordinating a number of diaries and using initiative to respond to requests or queries. Works effectively and calmly in deadline-driven situation
• Excellent IT skills including but not limited to:
Ability to multi-task, use initiative and prioritise in order to meet deadlines and work under pressure • Ability to articulate and produce written documents accurately using the appropriate tone, to a high standard
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
• The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
• The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Complete the Diversity Form here
Please apply by emailing a copy of your CV and covering letter to the FRC . In the covering letter, please.set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
• confirm your current package and benefits, and
• tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 4 March 2019