What is the purpose of this role?
Our multidisciplinary team encompasses roads, bridges and civil structures, geotechnical engineering, ITS and lighting, rail, environmental consultancy, utilities, BIM, traffic and transportation. We pride ourselves in working collaboratively with each other and with our clients to deliver innovative and practical engineering design solutions.
We are looking for candidates who either have a roads design background, structures design background or a traffic and transportation engineering background.
To provide support within a design team to ensure
- compliance with all relevant technical standards
- Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications
- Project requirements and are fully met
- Advice and guidance is provided for staff, and professional development is actively pursued
- Good relationships are maintained with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company
What will this role involve?
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
- Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
- Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
- Take line management responsibility for the direction and supervision of junior design team members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification
What are we looking for?
- 2 years post graduate experience working towards professional qualifications (CEng/IEng through ICE, CIHT, IHE or IStructE) status having completed some of the necessary training requirements
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
- Experience of delivering competent designs of minor and major road schemes for trunk and local roads
- Working knowledge of the DMRB and local authority design guidelines
- Demonstrable experience in Roads or Structures or Traffic and Transportation
- Working knowledge of Cycle by Design, Roads for All and Sustrans Design documents
- Good CAD, roads design /traffic modelling skills
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that technically sound design solutions are produced, including all associated reporting and cost estimating, to programme and within budget and ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.