Caretaker - Weston Favell Academy
Amey partners with Northampton Council to provide facilities management services for more than 40 schools in Northampton. Amey are looking for motivated caretaker to join our team to provide excellent service.
Shift Pattern: Rotating shift varies from Monday to Friday 6-2, 7-3, 8-5, 10-6. Must be flexible to take one in four weekend shift as overtime.
Location: Weston Favell Academy
Hours per week: 40
Contract type: Permanent
What is the purpose of this role?
To carry out a range of daily facilities duties which facilitate the smooth running of the premises, providing support for a safe and efficient operation whilst ensuring all customer requirements are met.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure smooth running of the school premises
- Opening the building in the morning and locking it at the end of the day
- Carrying out day-to-day DIY/maintenance and minor repairs (i.e. furniture fixtures)
- To ensure heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
- Booking engineer for major repair work
- Daily responsible to check that all doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use
- Checking the premises to guard against vandalism
- Arranging chairs and tables for meetings or assemblies and clearing away afterwards
- Ordering cleaning materials, new equipment and furniture for the school
- Taking bookings if rooms in the building are available for hire
- Always keeping in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge and previous experience in practical DIY skills for minor repair
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Knowledgeable of Health and Safety regulation
You will be required to undergo our enhanced DBS check before commencing employment. This can take between 3-6 weeks to complete. We will run this for you, candidates without a current DBS are encouraged to apply.
What does Amey do?
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme