HR Business Partner (Maternity Contract)
Please note: this is a 10-12 month fixed term contract role, with flexible/part-time working options available for discussion
iCrossing is a global, digital marketing agency; we work at the intersection of bright pixels of creativity, sharp use of data points, innovative tech, and cutting-edge digital know-how. That's how we turn brand potential into business performance. And that’s why we stand out.
In the UK we have two offices based in London and Brighton, but we are also part of the Hearst Corporation, the world’s leading media, entertainment, and content company, which gives us access to the most valuable insights, talent and audiences.
The diversity of our people is what makes working at iCrossing such an amazing experience. At iCrossing we say ‘bring your whole self to work’ meaning: everything about you – your intellect, your life experiences, your hidden talents, your culture – this makes us better. The HR Business Partner plays a key role in ensuring this ethos is encouraged and engrained throughout the business.
About the role
The HR Business Partner will primarily be based in our London office and work closely to support the Directors and Managers on their own development and those of their teams. The HRBP will also be expected to input into the broader HR and People strategy (TOTAL PEOPLE) whilst contributing to building the profile of the HR function.
- Supporter and Activist of the HR Strategy. Regularly feeding into and taking ownership of TOTAL PEOPLE activity. Supporting the HR Director on the delivery of the HR strategy for iCrossing UK.
- Build strong relationships with Mid-Senior Management, primarily in the London office in order to understand people priorities and support their implementation. Build the capability of managers through strong coaching and mentoring for them to maximise potential and consistently raise the bar on performance. Partner with managers within their business area to proactively manage employee engagement.
- Working with line managers to ensure new London based employees are effectively inducted into iCrossing. Arranging first week inductions and on boarding, working closely with the L&D Specialist
- Complete Offer Letters and Contracts for new joiners based in the London office – working with the Recruitment and Talent Advisor
- Complete regular HR reporting for the business, including, employee turnover, gender pay gap and equal pay reports.
- Own (from end to end) Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and shared Parental Leave cases across iCrossing
- Management of all London based Employee Relations Matters, including (but not limited to) Disciplinaries, Grievances, Restructures. Sole responsibility for matters or supporting the HR Director where necessary
- Supporter and ongoing maintenance of Oracle HR systems. Training the business where necessary
- Complete annual salary benchmarking exercise on behalf of iCrossing – reporting back to the HR Director and SMT
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
- At least 4 years’ Generalist HR experience within fast paced, ever-changing work environment/s
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with employees of all levels
- A sound understanding of Employment law expertise to guide and support managers in employee relations issues and terminations (supported by the HRD)
- Ideally CIPD qualified at some level
- Commercial and results-focused, with the ability to quickly learn business strategies and understand how people plans need to align with these
- Comfortable in using technology and leveraging digital applications and media platforms