Event Specialist (12 month maternity cover) - Flexible Working Available
We are looking for a talented and creative Event Specialist to join our dynamic Internal Events team. Reporting to our UK based Senior Events Manager; you will work globally, alongside colleagues based in the UK, US and ASIA Pacific. You will be a part of a team that is deadline driven, responsible for organizing, managing and delivering a wide range of events at an exceptional level. Responsible for multiple concurrent events, ranging from multi-day residential conferences, networking and social events, to 1-day launch activities.
What will I be accountable for?
- Extensive knowledge in leading multi-day conferences from conception to completion, including complex logistics, venue liaison, production, budget management and onsite execution.
- You will contribute to the strategic development of internal corporate events by identifying, and evaluating results against our key goals and objectives along with recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for building excellent working relationships with key stakeholders, event contributors suppliers; through project management and collaboration. Ensure extraordinary levels of execution of all assigned deliverables.
- Successful projects delivered on schedule and within the assigned budget parameters.
- Evaluate event performance, including post event analysis, de-briefs and post event reports.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Proven experience leading corporate conferences, with confirmed execution skills to produce high-impact events.
- Experience working in a fast-paced conference/events environment and track record of owning and delivering concurrent, residential multi-day conferences and networking events from strategy to completion.
- You will have planned, lead projects, and can prioritise conflicting deadlines to deal with changing requirements and environment.
- Successful project management, and time management skills – organized, detail focused, results-driven, accountable, with the ability to handle high pressure last-minute, urgent requests.
- Excellent budgeting, negotiation and vendor management skills. Strong numeracy skills and able to create and manage large scale event budgets up to 800K.
- Proactive and creative thinker; problem solver and ability to ‘think and lead on your feet’
- Active approach to questions, concerns and issues
- Ability to work closely with C suite executives
- Experience developing strong working relationships with internal partners, third party vendors, and customers
- Experience working in corporate event management and operations, tech industry preferred
- Ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally sensitive, can adjust communication style to various audiences including high level executives).
- Bachelors degree in marketing communications or other related field preferred.
This role will require flexibility to travel to global event locations as required (including weekends where needed) specific to each assigned event.
Living our Core Beliefs
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events