Senior Network and Telecoms Engineer - Liverpool
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
We are looking for a Network and Telecoms Engineer to join our IT team in our Head Office in Oxford. This is a varied role where you could be involved in 3rd line support for technical incidents relating to the network/telecoms to communicating with senior stakeholders, or design and implementation of network solutions. You will be working closely with colleagues, clients and a number of stakeholders so you'll need to understand customer requirements and can articulate solutions.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to act as a point of contact for major faults
- Demonstrates the ability to translate technical jargon into simple language for customers and senior management
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability
- Excellent logical problem solver
- CCNA, CCNP or CCVP level or demonstrate relevant expertise
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation
- Experience with Cisco technologies, strong knowledge of other vendors
- Proven experience in SLA driven 3rd line support role
- Experience in the following; F5, Checkpoint, Fortinet
- Strong knowledge of Routing, Switching and VoIP technologies
- Experience of providing and supporting call centre technologies, UCCX/UCCE preferred
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Experience in delivering projects (network/Cisco preferred)
- Experience with ITIL (desirable)
- Proven ability to mentor and instruct others