IT Support Engineer - Bicester
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Reporting to the IT Systems Manager, you will act as a technical lead in the operation of our IT Support Service. You will be responsible for providing desktop and server support, performing necessary maintenance, monitoring, design and implementation, whilst ensuring system availability and security.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small team with an exceptional level of service. The candidate will be required to learn and embrace leading edge technologies as Amey look to continue providing a better service to their customer.
You will receive training and ongoing support that will help you to progress in your career. Your involvement in development projects will also be important as Amey look to exploit and implement the latest technologies.
NB: the successful candidate will be required to gain Government Security Clearance and needs to have been a UK resident for at least 5 years.
What will this role involve?
- Ensure infrastructure systems and services are operating at optimal level to ensure business functions, high availability and recoverability
- Liaise and work closely with customer and team members to ensure incidents and requests are resolved to customers' satisfaction and within SLAs/KPIs
- Provide advice and solutions to the Systems Manager on all elements of the IT systems and support incidents as required
- Advise on technical, design and security architecture where appropriate
- Produce system design solutions against client specifications
- Provide 1st through to 3rd line technical support, participating in shift rota to cover core hours between 08:00hrs to 18:00hrs.
- Responsible for user, system and network administration
- Ensure that the systems are fully documented to appropriate levels and standards
- Ensure Work Procedures are adhered to and updated as necessary
- Ensure there are good backups of all required data and this is kept in accordance to requirements
- Understand the requirements and threats associated with the types of networks and the ability to adhere to MoD Joint Service Publications and System Operating Procedures for these systems
What are we looking for?
- Solid understanding and experience of supporting and configuring Windows Server environments (preferably 2012),VMWare, Citrix XenApp
- Good working knowledge of MS Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP and DNS
- Understand networking (routing, switch, TCP/IP, DNS, VPN)
- Experience with Citrix Netscaler
- Exceptional communication skills, fluent in both written and spoken English, with the ability to explain technical and complex issues to non-technical people
- Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively to deliver the best customer experience possible
- Good problem solving skills and ability to analyse an issue and resolve or escalate quickly
- Motivated with a desire to seek out process improvements and share ideas
- Able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate a high level of self-motivation
Other Desirable Attributes/Skills:
- Veeam backup
- O365 Administration
- Symantec security and anti-virus products
- Ivanti (Appsense) Application and Environment manager
- SAN Technologies