Senior Test Analyst - Release, based Liverpool
Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day - from roads, railways and schools to waste disposal, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
Come and join Amey Group IT Technology department, where we the team are at the heart of the business transformation, standardising our IT offering, whilst developing and embedding a more digital approach. This is an exciting time of change for the business, where we are moving from an outsourced model to investing in our internal capability where you can truly make a difference.
As part of this growth we are looking to appoint a Senior Test Analyst (Release), to be part of our Projects and Programmes team based in our office in Speke in Liverpool.
The role of the IT Senior Test Analyst (Release) is to work within projects to plan and deliver the testing to validate that business requirements are being met. This will include the functional and non-functional specifications, and to help develop and shape the release processes used for software within Group IT, in collaboration with Technology and Infrastructure.
The Senior Test Analyst is a key project role, with the post holder being able to deliver testing for medium to large sized complexity and potentially leading small teams within projects. The post holder will also take an active voice in projects, using personal and wider experience, skills and knowledge to inform on what good requirements and solutions should be, especially covering areas that past testing knowledge has identified as problematic or risky.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Delivers Testing on projects, ensuring use of IT Test best practice techniques to plan, document and complete. Will be independent on large to complex projects, potentially leading a small project focused team as needed.
- Work with senior business representatives and Group IT and together with the Test Manager to ensure that all project test requirements are met, and advise of any course of action to remediate any requirements that are not satisfied
- Ensures that test plans, results and reports are understood and agreed by Technology and Infrastructure Delivery teams
- Follows and makes regular contribution to the professional standards and practice for business analysis within wider community of IT Project Delivery; will need to interpret and develop those standards for specific projects with a focus on testing
- Support IT Executive and colleagues in delivery of Group IT and Amey Strategic Objectives
- Ongoing personal development to enhance personal Testing skills and expertise as well as Amey business knowledge, including maintaining an external perspective
What are we looking for?
- ISTQB/ISEB qualified to minimum foundation level (or be working towards)
- Extensive, demonstrable software testing experience
- Release management experience
- Actively contributed to the development of a formalised test and development framework.
- Experience of working on software development as well as COTS implementations and business change
- Experience of using VSTS or similar toolset for testing and defect recording/reporting
- Knowledge & experience of system packages such as SAP, Confirm
- Fully conversant with a range of testing methodologies. Agile, Waterfall, V Model
- Experience in production of Test Strategies, Test Plans and Test Scripts for functional, integration testing of applications, databases and infrastructure.
- Experienced in testing SQL database and applications
- Proficient in the use of Test Automation Tools
- Experience of testing in medium to large projects and supporting in concurrent and high complexity projects, ranging from functional to user acceptance testing
- Experience in working with delivery teams so they are able to respond to faults identified in testing
- Experience of working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Has knowledge and understanding of release processes and modern practices, ideally in DevOps type environments
- Has knowledge and understanding of governance processes
- Provided support during project implementations
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.