Section Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business for an ambitious and talented Section Engineer to work within on the M62 Smart Motorways scheme.
Read more about our Highways work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/roads
We are looking for a Section Engineer who has a history of Highways (ideally Smart Motorway) experience. The Section Engineer will have good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to Civil Engineering. A hands on approach to the commercial and planning aspects of the project is required. The Section Engineer will hold a relevant industry qualification (HND / HNC / BEng).
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
As the Section Engineer you will:
- Understand and interpret the drawings and specifications
- Provide engineering expertise and support to the project team
- Produce risk assessments and method statements for safe execution of the works
- Ensure work is executed in a safe manner meeting legal guidelines set out in health safety and requirements and environmental compliance
- Organise and supervise resources necessary to meet the contract programme
- Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied
About the Highways Team:
Our projects encompass motorway widening, congestion relief, safety improvement and bypass schemes. Recent work includes M62 Smart Motorways, Lincolnshire’s new A1073 bypass, the A1 Improvement scheme from Dishforth to Barton in North Yorkshire, and the M74 Completion Project through central Glasgow, Scotland’s largest infrastructure scheme. Under Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes, we engage with our customers as early as possible to maximise innovation, efficiency and cost savings.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.