Junior Application Support Analyst
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Application Support Analyst in the IT Application Support team. The role will be primarily based in Northampton, although some travel to other sites may be required. Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00 although some degree of flexibility will be required.
Purpose of the Role:
The Junior Application Support Analyst will be responsible for the support, scheduling and maintenance of a variety of business applications, largely based on Microsoft technologies, used in IPSL cheque clearing, external access and archiving solutions. The candidate will be involved in live support of those applications. They will also work with the Windows Application Deployment & IT Build teams ensuring the smooth transition of IPSL Applications from a project phase into a business as usual status.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support applications and software to achieve agreed Incident resolution targets.
- Execution, maintenance and support of application scheduling and file transfers.
- Carry out root cause analysis of problems to agreed Problem RCA targets.
- Review and Support the Delivery of application changes where required.
- Troubleshooting and recovery of .NET applications.
- Microsoft SQL Server recovery.
- Support of SSRS, SSIS & SSAS packages.
- Support of Databases and Datawarehouse.
- Subject matter expert, provides advice and guidance on the correct application of technologies
- Providing second line support of third party software used in iPSL and liasing with 3rd party suppliers.
- Communicating and working with other IT teams.
- Provide 24/7 out of hours support as part of a team on a rota basis as required.
- Supporting business change.
- Providing support for disaster recovery tests.
- Providing testing support.
- Maintenance and creation of support documentation.
- Adherence to all iPSL IT policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- At least 1 years’ experience in an application support role or relevant IT qualifications
- Good Root Cause Analysis & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL.
- Capable of writing SQL queries.
- Knowledge of scheduling tools beneficial.
- Knowledge of file transfer tools beneficial.
- Strong team player with excellent communications skills.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management processes preferable but not essential.
- Knowledge in the use of an IT service Management tool.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification beneficial.
- Working knowledge of CTRL-M or other scheduling tool.
- Working knowledge of Connect:Direct or other file transfer tool.
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Strive for Excellence
- Interpersonal Skills and Communication
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Customer Service Focus
- Risk and Control
- Impact and Influence
- Understanding Others
- Broad Perspective
- Analytical Thinking
iPSL strives to be an equal opportunities employer and is committed to considering all applicants alike. The Company does not treat any individual less favourably than others on grounds of sex, age, colour, marital status, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or membership or non-membership of a trade union. All vacancies advertised are open to all ages.
INTERVIEW DATES: Interviews will be taking place during week commencing 25th of March 2019
CLOSING DATE: 22nd of March 2019 – To apply, please send a covering letter and CV