Commercial Assistant - 12 Month FTC
An opportunity exists for a proactive and data driven individual to join our Commercial team on a 12 month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will provide key commercial reporting to support our prestigious Smart Metering contracts.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Commercial individual to gain exposure to a growing industry in smart metering and build their knowledge within a large and busy organisation.
As a Commercial Assistant you will work closely with the Assistant Commercial Manager dedicated to this contract. You will enjoy working in a lively environment alongside the wider Smart Metering Commercial team, each specialising on a particular contract. You be responsible for providing accurate data around revenue, profit and loss, invoicing and subcontractor payments
Other tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Using SAP and bespoke Metering systems
- Production and submission of weekly/ monthly payment applications.
- Recording Meter Operative completions
- Ensure that meter worker payments are calculated in accordance with procedure.
- Maintain minimum working capital
- Maintain and keep up to date Contract files.
- Accurately record job completions from system reports.
- Inputting, collating & Ownership of weekly cost information for profit and loss reports / Month-end reconciliation's
- Valuation of the works
- Production of wage information & DLO payments
- Preparation of supply chain and subcontractor payments
- Preparation and submission of client applications for payment
- Invoicing and monitoring payment receipts
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be a data driven individual with a methodical approach to working. This role requires heavy use of Excel so you should be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the MS Suite with an emphasis on Excel; you should also be comfortable in using formulas to display data in a logical format. You must have had some experience within a Commercial role, ideally within the Utilities industry, though this is not essential. Any qualifications or accreditations to support this would also be beneficial.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.