With a team of 19,000 working and a £2B+ annual turnover across four continents - Amey is a leading supplier of consulting and infrastructure support services both in the UK and internationally.
We've been in business for nearly 100 years and we are proud of our long history and the difference we make; serving the communities we work in, whatever the weather and whatever the challenge.
We create safer, smarter, and sustainable places to live, work and travel. By designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country's services and infrastructure we make a difference to the services that matter - the ones you rely on at home and on the move.
As part of our on-going commitment to support the development & growth across Amey through innovate technology & data enabled solutions, we are seeking a Solutions Architect to join our Strategy, Architecture and Security team within Group IT. Amey's pipeline of internal, external and bid projects offers significant opportunities for the group to improve & grow, and we are looking for a Solutions Architect to help us maximise these.
What are we looking for?
- A proven and robust track record of undertaking a Solution Architect role for a number of years, and someone who can clearly demonstrate how their work has led to successful outcomes.
- A demonstratable software development or similar technical background who is able to take the role of technical lead for their assigned solutions and is able to effectively leverage colleagues from other teams or suppliers in order to do so.
- Knowledge and experience of working in accordance with company IT governance, including; designing solutions that meet company strategy/requirements, presenting solutions to architecture & technical review boards, accurately estimating cost for implementing & operating your solutions, and able to offer challenge to process/strategy for the greater good.
- Someone who can propose & define IT roadmaps or strategy to support improvement of the Enterprise/Solution Architecture function within the company.
- A proven track record of working as a Solution Architect in a pre-sales (bid) environment, who can analyse & understand client requirements from provided documentation, and who can use clarification questions & client dialogue sessions effectively.
- A proven track record of working as a Solution Architect on internal company IT projects.
- Someone who can show that data architecture is key within their designs to ensure the solution accurately & efficiently captures all required data, to enable the required reporting and business intelligence to be delivered. Formal data architecture experience or training would be an advantage.
- Experience and knowledge of the Industry sectors that Amey operates in.
- Experience and knowledge of designing solutions based on all or most of the following technology platforms; Microsoft Azure, Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft Power Suite, Microsoft Azure Integration Components, Microsoft SQL Server & BI Tools, SAP, SalesForce FSL and Mobile Application Development Platforms.
- Experience of using Sparx Enterprise Architect or similar software would be an advantage.
- Comfortable working in a technical landscape that could include niche COTS packages, bespoke in-house components, and large platform-based solutions.
- Familiar with DevOps culture, practices and tools with a good understanding of how to implement in a phased approach.
- Ability to describe complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, and comfortable with liaising with senior management and clients.
- Experience working with large IT service providers and vendors.
The role will be based in Speke, Liverpool and will require some UK wide travel to other offices.