Electrical Design Engineer (Rail)
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Assist the Electrical design team to produce Electrical Designs for our clients.
What will this role involve?
The successful candidate will undertake production of E&P design as part of a dedicated E&P design engineering team. In addition, they must be able to supervise the work of other staff when required (i.e. provide mentorship of other staff).
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or Ieng
- Good communications and team working skills
- Relevant years of experience within the rail industry
- Ability to independently undertake design and assessment work for electrical and lighting designs
- Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards relevant to Civil/Structural design
- Deputise for the CRE as required
- Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
Understand the interfaces between electrical and lighting engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed.
What makes this role unique?
You will produce innovative and cost effective whole life cycle design solutions.