Highways Lining Operative (nights only)
Are you looking for a new role where you can make a difference in your local community? Do you want to be a part of a team of over 20,000 dedicated employees helping to create better places to live, work and travel? Well look no further.
We are looking for keen and enthusiastic applicants for the position of Highways Lining Operative.
- Location: Thimble Mill Lane Depot, 142 Thimble Mill Lane, Aston, Birmingham B7 5HR
- Working hours: 40.25 hours a week
- Shift Pattern: 19:00-07:00 - rotating nights
- Contract: Permanent
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake all aspects of Road Marking works and associated highway maintenance works including, minor civils' works, or any other Highways related works.
What will this role involve?
All Aspects of Road Marking Works
- Maintain Road Markings to high technical standards
- Attend project and work briefings as required
- Drive/operate specialist lining vehicle/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (e.g. oil and water checks) and cleaning
- Undertake all aspects of Road Marking and other specialist surface application works including High friction surface Asphalt imprint and routine and cyclic maintenance activities,
- Winter maintenance operations
- Undertake winter and emergency call out and standby
- Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
- Record Drivers' hours
- Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation in line with operated allocation system
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
- Complete Risk Assessments each day
What are we looking for?
- C&G Pavement marking
- HGV/LGV Category C licence
- Appropriate qualification to relevant trade
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of delivering solutions
- Good communication skills
- 12D RTM Operative
- M3 M1/2 Lantra
- Fire safety at work
- Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Environmental Awareness Tool Box Talk
- Personal Highways Safety
- Manual Handling
- Medicals - Other
Why work for Amey?
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.