Are you looking for a new role where you can make a difference in your local community? Do you want to be a part of a team of over 20,000 dedicated employees helping to create better places to live, work and travel?
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a successful and growing Facilities team working alongside a well-known high value client.
- Location: Bristol Magistrates Courts, Marlborough Street, Bristol, BS1 3NU
- Shift pattern: Mon-Fri 06:30 - 16:30, 07:30 - 17:30 or 08:00 - 18:00 (but flexibility required to do one Saturday per month (either 09:00 - 15:00, 06:30 - 14:30 or 08:30 - 15:00)
- Hours per week: 50hrs
- Contract type: Permanent
Female required this is due to the need for same sex searching if a manual body search has to be carried out.
What is the purpose of this role?
To carry out a security service and provide out of hours support to the Client.
What will this role involve?
- Bag searching/wanding
- Internal/external patrols
- Respond to incidents
- Incident reporting
- Monitoring of CCTV - will receive training if doesn't have CCTV license
- Respond to First aid incidents - First aid training will be provided
- Providing excellent customer service to public, client and different court agencies
- Opening and locking of building
- Following of security assignment instructions relating to the court
- Additional training of becoming a court security officer will be provided includes court acts and physical intervention training
What are we looking for?
- S.I.A licence
- Capable of gaining co-operation from people, diffuse aggression and provide clear reports
- Good customer care skills
- Able to exercise initiative and prioritize duties accordingly
- Able to work to a high standard against agreed timescales with limited supervision
- First Aid Trained
You will be required to undergo our enhanced DBS check before commencing employment. This can take between 3-6 weeks to complete. We will run this for you, candidates without a current DBS are encouraged to apply.
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme