Customer Service Advisor (Home Based)
- Do you want to work with an organisation with a huge purpose like supporting people to live longer, healthier, happier lives across the globe?
- Do you have a passion for delivering outstanding customer service in a fast paced, high energy environment?
- Do you want a career, not just a job, where you can drive your own development and have a clear and structured progression pathway?
- Are you confident and resilient with great listening skills and the ability to adapt your communication style?
- Do you thrive on helping and supporting people when they need it most and ending the day knowing you have made a difference?
- If you answered yes to all of these questions you would be a perfect fit for our member service adviser roles with our client, the leading provider of Private Medical Insurance in the UK!
- This is a home based call centre role – 95% of the day will be spent answering incoming calls from our client’s members relating to queries about their private medical insurance policies; all calls are different and diverse.
- You will be required to utilise all support tools and the knowledge you will receive throughout your training period to answer queries and guide people to get the most from their policy. The role is complex and requires navigation of multiple systems so you need to be PC literate.
- You will put the customer (internal and external) at the heart of all you do and treat each one as an individual. You will have previous experience of working in a customer service environment and be able to work on your own initiative. You will have great complaint handling skills and the ability to remain calm and focused in all situations.
- You will need to be able to think analytically and to assess clinical and policy information to determine the eligibility of benefits in line with defined protocols and to relay your decision with confidence.
- You will be encouraged to escalate any barriers and issues you identify as you will be an integral part of our continuous improvement culture and will have the chance to help fix the things that are not working.
- We are looking for individuals with a ‘can do’ attitude who can deal calmly and professionally with sometimes anxious and uncertain customers within a pressurised environment.
- You will require a high level of communication skills, listening and focusing on each and every interaction and tailoring your response and solution for that customer.
- You will have excellent telephone and letter writing skills, and the ability to deal effectively, quickly and accurately with internal and external customers of all levels.
- You will display a high level of resilience and the ability to think analytically to assess clinical information to determine the eligibility of the benefit and a strong level of decision making and working on your own initiative to make decisions within the protocols set down.
- As you will be working from home, PC literacy, high flexibility in your schedule, good organisation, independence and self-reliance are essential.
Earning potential is between £9,000 and £17,800 pro rata (including bonus) depending on performance and how many hours you choose to work each week (we pay the Real Living Wage).
- Fully employed working from home
- 28 days holiday (including bank hols) - pro rata for part time
- Cut down on commute and costs associated with working outside your home
- Choose your own working pattern within client specified guidelines
- Discount scheme and reward package
- Team incentives for the extra recognition
You will be taking inbound calls from your home-office on an Annualised Hours Contract Basis.
You will be on an Annualised Hours Contract, which means that if you are employed to work a set number of hours per week (your Contractual Hours, to be agreed with you during recruitment and which can vary from 20 to 35 hours per week for this role), during “off peak weeks” you will be required to work less hours per week (around -15/20%), and then during “peak weeks”, you will be required to work more hours per week (around +15/20%).
8am - 9pm Monday to Friday
8am - 6pm Saturday
9am – 5pm Sunday
20% of your monthly hours must be worked on the weekend.
3 morning shifts a week.
1 Friday evening per month.
The above may change depending on client’s requirements which are driven by customer demands.
You will need to provide a quiet and secluded home office equipped with a dedicated telephone line, a dedicated wired broadband connection, a dedicated to work PC (desktop) a telephone handset with headset, all meeting our required specifications.
You will also need to attend a mandatory paid full time 9 weeks training course to be delivered virtually over set shifts.
To learn more about these positions, please click 'apply now'.
Sensée is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.