Customer Service Advisor (Representing Bupa)
This is an exciting, challenging and rewarding role representing Bupa. Earning potential from £9 to £10.05 per hour (we pay the Real Living Wage). 30 to 35 hours per week on an annualised contract basis.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who put the customers first, enjoy problem solving, are proactive and can use their initiative to exceed customers’ expectations.
You will need to have excellent oral and written communication skills, be a fast learner with the ability to get up to speed with products and systems quickly, have an excellent grasp of internet technology, be responsible, adaptable, and confident, as well as have the ability and a strong motivation to work from home.
As you will be working from home, IT literacy, high flexibility in your schedule, good organisation, independence and self-reliance are essential.
What's in it for you?
A rewarding role, outstanding training, friendly teams and you get to work from the comfort of your own home office.
You will be handling inbound calls from your home-office on an annualised hours contract basis for Bupa.
Your role will be to handle incoming calls and you will be trained to be empowered to answer all queries including the following;
- Manage all customer contact including claims, in line with regulatory requirements
- Guiding the customers to ensure they receive the correct treatment in line with their policy
- You will need to be proactive in investigating and providing solutions for their queries
- Act as an escalation point to other business areas for health cases deemed clinically complex and/or general policy queries
- Pre-authorise customers’ treatment using set protocols
- Investigate and resolve all queries and complaints from customers and if resolution is not possible, obtain further information and either respond to the customer or escalate with a full case history
What does a typical working day look like?
A typical day for one of our customer service advisers involves being on the phone for the majority of the time. There is plenty of variety as you never know what kind of call is going to come in next, but you know that you are going to make a difference to that individual. The work can be challenging because you're dealing with people's health and wellbeing, but the satisfaction that comes from helping people is incredible. Plus, you are part of an amazing team and you have plenty of training and support!
As a HomeAgent you will play an absolutely vital part in helping us provide excellence and peace of mind to our client s customers, whilst being part of a strong HomeAgents team and working to individual and team targets.
Annualised Hours means that if you are employed to work a set number of hours per week (your Contractual Hours, to be agreed with you during recruitment and which can vary from 30 to 35 hours per week), during off peak weeks you will be required to work less hours per week, and then during peak weeks , you will be required to work more hours per week.
- £9 per hour
- Commission of up to £1.05 extra per hour based on KPIs (starts after training)
Your home, Anywhere in the UK
Essential Skills And Experience
- Customer service experience
- Ability to discuss sensitive topics
- IT literacy
- Strong listening skills with the ability to tailor your approach to the customer
- Excellent communication skills (including written)
- Ability to think analytically to assess clinical information Ability to make decisions within set protocols with minimum supervision Excellent problem-solving skills
Desirable Skills And Experience
- In the healthcare industry (including nurse background)
- Fully employed working from home
- 28 days holiday (including bank hols) - pro rata for part time
- Cut down on commute and costs associated with working outside your home
- Choose your own working pattern within client specified guidelines
- Access to IT equipment discount
- Team incentives for the extra recognition
Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm
Saturday 8am to 4pm
You will need to work 8 hours on a Monday between 9am and 6pm, 4 hours on a Friday and one Saturday every four weeks.
What You Need To Provide
You will need to provide a quiet and secluded home office equipped with a telephone line and a wired broadband connection (both to be dedicated to you while you work), a PC (desktop) and a telephone handset with headset, all meeting our required specifications. You will also need to attend a mandatory paid full-time training course of 10 weeks, to be delivered virtually over set shifts (usually 9am-5.30pm).
To learn more and apply, please click 'apply now'.
Sensée is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community