Senior Software Engineer - Flexible Working Available
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trading Lead Software Engineer to join us in Stratford. You will be a key member of a highly technical Agile development team, creating innovative software solutions for Trading, the engine room of a fast-paced and demanding business.
You will be responsible for translating business requirements into technical solutions taking account of the complexity of existing systems and technical strategy. You will work closely with the Heads of Trading Delivery, Trading Development and Sports Architecture and other Solution and Enterprise Architects to develop technical strategy and standards.
Your key responsibilities will be to lead internal cross-functional teams and/or external supplier teams, oversee the quality of technical deliverables, coordinate tasks, assist with technical problem resolution and be the main technical design contact for projects or work streams to business teams and other technical teams within Ladbrokes Coral.
In addition, you will work with the wider Trading Delivery team to define and agree business processes and standards. You will manage ongoing product and systems enhancement requests, collaborating closely with the Product Owner and working with Trading Delivery and other teams to effect delivery. Working closely with the company’s stakeholders, you will have significant influence on and responsibility for promoting the
business architecture vision and will be relied upon to identify risks early as well as devising mitigation strategies.
- Analysis, Design, Development and Maintenance of microservices running on cloud serving to critical platforms across channels.
- Continuous Improvement, seeking opportunities to streamline delivery whilst keep high code quality standards.
- Be informed of emerging technologies and trends, which could benefit Trading platform and the wider company.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Trading DevOps processes and tooling.
- Interpreting written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Adherence to Ladbrokes Coral’s Software Development Life Cycle following Agile development principles.
- Code governance against standards and best practices
- Develop with full automation and Test Driven Development methodologies
- Performing code configuration and producing software releases as specified by the Build Management team
- Producing and maintaining technical documentation using defined documentation standards
- Investigation and correction of reported defects
- Work closely with the SRE team to build highly available and automated systems
- Third line production support, some of which may occur outside of normal business hours
- Adherence to Ladbrokes Coral’s standards for the release of software to Live environments
- Providing effort and timeline estimates to the management positions
- Working with the IT Security & Compliance teams to understand security risks in system designs and ensuring defensive programming is practiced
Specialist Skills and Experience Required:
- Ideally 3 years of OOP development experience would be advantageous
- Experience working with development tools and practices including Git, XP, TDD, BDD, CI/CD.
- Working experience of Agile software delivery within dynamic corporate environments.
- Experience in the betting industry an advantage but an understanding of sport is essential.
- Self and fast learner.
- Strong communications skills
- Experience/Technical knowledge in the following products/technologies is essential:
- C# programming
- Unit Testing
- Experience/Technical knowledge in the following products/technologies would be highly desirable:
- .Net Core
- AWS SQS
- AWS Lambda
- SQL, NoSQL
- REST, SOAP
- JSON, XML