Financial Controller (Part Time) & Flexible Working Available
We are very pleased to introduce GetSetGo! Activity Clubs. Beautifully designed activity spaces for children and families.
Places to learn, play, swim, meet up and relax at the heart of residential communities.
GetSetGo! Is a fantastic new start up business with full investor backing and an exciting expansion strategy. The first GetSetGo! club opens at the end of 2019 and The company aims have 5-7 clubs within the next 5 years. We are looking for someone who will immerse themselves in the role, become an integral part of the management team and who can grow alongside this company expansion.
To start with, the position will consist of 3 days/ 24hours per week and, subject to agreement, we would be happy to offer a degree of flexibility how these hours are delivered.
Duties and responsibilities
This remit will include the preparation of timely, accurate monthly management accounts and other financial information for the management team and for presentation to the Board & External Stakeholders. You will take responsibility for the financial control and transaction processing within the group, heading up the day to day activities. You may also be required to work closely with various other key stakeholders of the senior management team on ad hoc projects.
Key areas of responsibility include;
- Engage and work with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external supporting business cases and queries.
- Support the CEO and Commercial Director on corporate matters, including financial modelling and the preparation & management of investor reporting.
- Define company finance processes, facilitate discussions and advise colleagues as to how best practice might be adopted in the definition of future processes.
- Preparation of the cash flow, budgeting and forecasting.
- Monthly management accounts preparation and delivery.
- Understand the key drivers of performance both financially and operationally.
- Day to day finance activities including invoicing and payments.
- Leading the payroll preparation and payments
- Quarterly VAT preparation and submissions
- Overseeing all tax and regulatory/compliance issues
- Liaising with the company accountants with the preparation of annual accounts and tax returns.
Pre Requisites and BA Attributes
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with a least 3 years post qualification experience in a company environment
- Highly analytical with exceptional attention to detail.
- Up-to-date technical skills and confident preparing UK statutory accounts.
- Willingness to take on all internal company finance requirements.
- The ability to work closely with external advisers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - you will engage with colleagues on a daily basis and you'll need to ensure processes and standards are being followed.
- Strong people manager who can evidence development of staff.
- Confidence to challenge the Board whilst maintaining a positive working relationship.