Executive Assistant - Flexible Working Available
£38,888 per annum for 36 hours per week based at County Hall, Kingston Upon Thames. This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the Role
This is an opportunity to act as Executive Assistant to the Chief Property Officer for Orbis for a twelve month period. We are looking for a competent, confident self – starter who will have the skills, background and knowledge to hit the ground running in supporting the Chief Property Officer and the Orbis Property Service.
We are looking for an individual who can use their initiative to manage and coordinate projects whilst liaising with relevant stakeholders in often confidential matters. They will need to show they have experience in managing, coaching or mentoring colleagues, as well as developing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of staff including successful working relationships with Senior Managers.
Based in County Hall with the possible occasional requirement to travel to East Sussex County Council Headquarters at Lewes, the successful applicant will work closely with the Head of Service and their senior team to understand their requirements and be able to work at pace and in detail on a variety of projects. The successful applicant will have a positive attitude and be enthusiastic for change and development.
The type of work you may be involved in could include
- Being involved in aspects of the move from County Hall Kingston
- Writing business cases
- Recruitment campaigns & induction plans
- Supporting new ways of working such as implementing processes and trackers.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate they have the skills to
- Have a positive and forward thinking attitude towards the future changes and Surrey County Councils Transformation projects
- Balance the management of a variety of projects from inception to completion
- Learn the different systems in place at Surrey County Council
- Engage and communicate effectively with staff and customers regarding a variety of complex and often political issues
- Use their contacts and connections to ensure of work is accurate and encompasses all relevant procedures and policies if applicable
- Work flexibly, at pace and with minimum supervision
In return the successful applicant will gain a valuable range of experience and skills which will add value to their CV for future development opportunities.