Caretaker / Janitor - Springwell Community School
Are you interested in playing a crucial part in supporting the education of the next generation? An excellent opportunity to contribute to your community by keeping schools clean and ensuring students are safe.
Amey are looking for motivated caretakers to join our teams.
- Location: Springwell Community School, St Helen's Blvd, Banrsley S71 2AY
- Shift 1: Monday to Thursday 06:30-14:30 Fridays 06:00-14:00
- Shift 2: Monday-Thursday 11:00-19:00 Fridays 10:00-18:00
- Hours per week: 37.5 hrs
What will you be doing?
Your daily responsibilities will include tasks such as:
- To carry out a range of daily facilities duties which facilitate the smooth running of the school premises
- Daily upkeep of the premises, opening and locking up doors and gates
- Variety of DIY, building and ground maintenance, internal fixtures, fittings and furniture and maintaining the heating and lighting of the premises
- Make sure that sites are kept clean, tidy, safe and running smoothly
- Always keeping in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
- Ensure faults are rectified in a timely and safe manner
- React to and execute immediately any general repairs and maintenance duties as required or requested
Who we're looking for?
- Knowledge and previous experience in carrying out basic maintenance tasks
- Knowledgeable of Health and Safety regulation
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Familiar with COSHH standards
- You will be required to undergo our enhanced DBS check - please let us know upfront on any queries should you have any.
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme