Principal Temporary Works Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Infrastructure business for an ambitious and talented Principal Temporary Works Engineer to work within our MSES Business Unit.
We are looking for a Principal Temporary Works Engineer to provide specialist design of temporary works to Morgan Sindall’s business units and to external customers including feasibility, design, and analysis of projects at both pre-contract and contract stages.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team
As a Principal Temporary Works Engineer you will:
- Provide in-house dedicated support on temporary works designs for national schemes
- Work with and advise designers through the design phase to review the initial scope of works and produce advice as to the constructability and sequencing of the temporary works including method statements
- Ensure clear lines of communication are established with any subcontractors, suppliers, permanent works designers and consultants, to ensure a consistent approach to the management of temporary works
The right applicant will have experience on key sectors – Highways, structures, rail, and buildings. Ideally the candidate will have career experience in delivering construction projects or working in a design environment.
- CEng or equivalent with relevant approved industry body.
- Able to compile fee proposals for medium sized projects in conjunction with the
- Proven ability to work to project budgets.
Morgan Sindall Engineering Solutions (MSES) is an engineering consultancy within Morgan Sindall Infrastructure, we specialise in providing; multi-sector temporary works design, underground permanent works design (tunnels & shafts), expertise across digital, material and geotechnical engineering and design management services. We have five offices across the UK; Rugby, Stafford, Salford, London and Motherwell. We currently work across a number of sectors including; Highways, Nuclear, Energy, Water, Aviation and Rail & Electrification.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.