Voltage TV is an independent TV production company making and developing prime time television programmes for all the major channels, from high-end feature documentaries to innovative factual formats, both in the UK and internationally. We are looking for an experienced part time Bookkeeper.
If you are looking for a job in finance please read on and see below about how to apply.
Job title: Bookkeeper
Salary: Up to £20 per hour subject to experience 20 hours per week (flexible on days)
Start date: ASAP early May 2019
With a strong background in bookkeeping accounting up to trial balance, you will be organised with an attention to detail. Experience using Sage 50 and Excel are essential.
Your main duties will include:
- SAGE postings and generating monthly trial balance
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Processing monthly payroll
- Assisting in preparation of monthly management accounts
- Posting purchase invoices, receipts and payments including staff salaries and PAYE NI
- Reconciling and maintaining the bank accounts and handling bank deposits
- Maintaining petty cash and providing currency when needed
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
- Maintaining and processing the monthly credit cards
- Sending remittances to all suppliers to ensure accounts are up to date
- Working with production accountant to do journals / cost reallocation where required
- Some experience of Production Accountancy would be an advantage but not essential
Applications should be a CV (including contact phone no) and short cover note