Support Worker - Flexible Working Available
We are looking for proactive, reliable and resilient Care Assistants and Support Workers with a ‘can do’ attitude to join our clients diverse team. You will be outgoing and motivated and will work as part of a team to help nurture the service users to access the local community.
Location: Lombard Street, Nottinghamshire
Salary: £16,524 -£19,088pa + enhancements
Hours: 37hrs - Full Time
As well as a great benefits package and flexible, family friendly working policies, our client fully supports the career progression of their staff and on-going training is provided, as well as opportunities to progress within the organisation. In short, it’s a great place to work!
About the role of Support Worker:
Our client is fully committed to working with people with learning disabilities to increase their independence and inclusion and to support people to maximise control over their lives. As a Support Worker you will provide physical and emotional support and health care of the highest standard, ensuring that respect, dignity and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
The support which is person-centered, may include tenancy related support, budgeting, debt management, accessing education, healthy lifestyles, personal care, substance misuse issues and improving confidence and independence. As a Support Worker you will be required to liaise with professionals, attend reviews, and write support plans and risk assessments with our service users.
Don’t be put off if you haven’t got previous experience; our client is more interested in your values rather than the jobs you’ve done in the past! Full training will be provided to help you fully meet the needs of the service user and the requirements for the role. Flexibility is key for this role as you will be required to work a variety of shifts including: early (7 am-14.15 pm), late (14.00-22.00 pm), sleep ins (paid at £36.78 per night), waking nights (enhancements of 33% per hour), weekends and bank holidays.
Benefits included with the role of Support Worker include:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker