Lead Developer - Java - Futures
You will design and architect highly complex systems using full stack of enterprise Java products and be responsible for complex pieces of functionality with high coding & performance standards.
Your input to the ongoing evolution of our platform design and tool chain and our effort to build an automated testing and delivery function will be critical.
You will work in a multi-talented, diverse team across 3 geographical locations and implement solutions in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
This key role demands a highly motivated individual with a strong background in Computer Science/ Software Engineering. You are meticulous, thorough and possess excellent communication skills to engage with all levels of our stakeholders. A self-starter you are up-to-speed with the latest developments in the tech world.
Technical and Soft Skill requirements –
- Java, Spring, Hibernate, Messaging, FIX
- Deep working knowledge of ETD products and industry. Needs to be able to work independently with exchanges and clients.
- SQL including performance tuning, database design
- Knowledge of functional programming, testing and agile techniques
- Understanding of security policies and restrictions that apply to Tier One and creating solutions that comply with these rules
Desirable skills –
- Familiarity with ETD Settlement and Clearing processes
- UI design (UX etc)
- AngularJS (1 and 2), HTML 5, CSS, Bootstrap, Sass/ Less, NodeJS, Typescript
- AWS, OpenStack experience.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.