Technology Availability Centre (TAC) Shift Operations Analyst – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Applications are invited for the position of TAC Analyst (12 month Fixed Term Contract). The role will be based in Northampton and the working hours will equate to 35 hours a week consisting of shift rotation, avoiding too much weekend work. Shift pattern will cover 01:00 Monday morning to 01:00 Saturday morning (days and night rotation over a 4 week period).
Purpose of the Role:
The Operator role is primarily to monitor and operate all of the TAC systems, following correct procedures, alerts, job instructions and actions. To raise and manage all incidents correctly, including effective communication, updates and escalation. To deliver an excellent service to all internal and external stakeholders, customers and clients, ensuring all SLAs are met. This is a shift based role and includes acting as an out of hour’s service desk.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Operate and respond to system alerts using BMC Control M, System Centre Operations Manager and other scheduling and alert products
- Identify scheduling issues and escalate where necessary
- Operate systems using run sheets and other documented processes / procedures
- Take client and internal calls, provide initial triage of incidents, repair or escalate and log all details in Remedy
- Provide first line support function for a variety of systems, server infrastructure and application issues
- Ensure that existing procedures and operating instructions for TAC are reviewed, improved are up to date and meet company documentation standards
- Create new processes and procedures where necessary
- Where necessary input to projects by means of process reviews, document reviews & meetings
- Update monitoring systems and or stakeholders with comments / actions where necessary
- Consider and propose new ideas to improve the way TAC operates
- Assist planning for any changes which will involve TAC or affect services provided by TAC.
We're looking for someone with:
- A full understanding of all TAC tools, alerting and automation
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of multiple IT systems
- Understanding of the incident and change management processes
- A good knowledge of Services and SLAs
- Effective communication
- Analysis and problem solving
- ITIL knowledge (desirable)
We are offering a salary between £20,000 to £29,000 p.a. dependent on experience.
If you think this is a job that would be right for you, then get in touch with us now! Just please ensure that you submit a CV for review with your application
VACANCY REFERENCE: PMC/MD/504256/IT
Closing date for applications is 17th May 2019 and please ensure you SUBMIT A CV with your application in order for your application to be progressed.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not always able to respond directly. If you have not been contacted by 24th May 2019 we regret that you have not been successful in securing a position at the next stage of the process.