Senior Temporary Works Engineer- MSES - Flexible Working Available
Location: Norwich, Ipswich or Cambridge
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Infrastructure business for an ambitious and talented Senior Temporary Works Engineer to work within our MSES Business Unit.
We are looking for a Senior Temporary Works Engineer to provide specialist design of temporary works to Morgan Sindall’s business units and to external customers including feasibility, design, and analysis of projects at both pre-contract and contract stages.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
As a Senior Temporary Works Engineer you will:
- Provide in-house dedicated support on temporary works designs for national schemes
- Work with and advise designers through the design phase to review the initial scope of works and produce advice as to the constructability and sequencing of the temporary works including method statements
- Ensure clear lines of communication are established with any subcontractors, suppliers, permanent works designers and consultants, to ensure a consistent approach to the management of temporary works
The right applicant will have experience on key sectors – Highways, structures, rail, and buildings. Ideally the candidate will have career experience in delivering construction projects or working in a design environment.
- Minimum BEng(Hons) or equivalent but preferably MEng in relevant subject.
- IEng or CEng with relevant approved industry body
- Expected to work to project budgets.
MSES is a specialist tunnelling and underground space design consultancy with a world-class record of innovation. We have been responsible for the detailed design of more than £2 billion of the most prestigious tunnelling projects in the UK. Our team can demonstrate an unparalleled achievement in bringing new ideas to market, and we pride ourselves on seamless interfaces between tunnel design and construction that have helped deliver more than £100 million of value engineering savings to our customers.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.