Street Lighting Electrician
We offer a competitive package with overtime available and an excellent working environment contributing to our efforts to create a better place to live, work and travel.
We are looking for keen and enthusiastic applicants for the position of a Street Lighting Electrician.
- Location: Forth Road Bridge Unit, South Queensferry, West Lothian, EH30 9SF
- Working hours: 40 hours a week
- Shift Pattern: Mon-Thu 07:45-16:30 and Fri 07:45-15:30
- Contract: Permanent
What is the purpose of this role?
To maintain the network, install all electrical equipment, street light column, bollards, signs and feeder pillars this includes all associated wiring. Install cables cut outs and lanterns and repairing lanterns with interchangeable electronic components.
What will this role involve?
- Undertake all routine street lighting faults
- Carry out electrical inspection tests and install electrical equipment where you would diagnose and replace failed components
- Excavate for bollard and sign foundations
- Commissioning of new lighting columns/bollards and lit signs
- Take part in out of hours emergency services on a call out basis
- Follow Amey's Zero Code by ensuring yourself, others and the working environments are safe
- The work is carried out outdoors hence you will be working in an environment of varying weather conditions and temperatures
What are we looking for?
- Have a Full Driving Licence
- City & Guilds Part 2 or equivalent in Electrical Installation works
- City & Guilds 2391 Electrical Inspection and Testing is desirable
- Have experience of street lighting and manual work involving an element of hand excavation
- Able to work at heights up to 12 meters
- Be knowledgeable on Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Be willing to learn and develop new skills
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.