Site Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and talented Site Engineer within our Rail and Electrification business unit to work on the Barking Riverside Extension.
As a Site Engineer you will be responsible for day to day surveying and setting out duties.
- Setting out of engineering and building works on various sites within the company’s operating area
- Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with specification
- Operate and promote a high standard of health and safety and environment compliance
- Plan and schedule the work and efficiently organise the site in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines
Read more about our Rail work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/rail
Transport for London (TfL) awarded a £196 million contract to a joint venture of Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure and VolkerFitzpatrick (MSVF) to extend the London Overground to Barking Riverside.
The 4.5km extension of the Gospel Oak to Barking line, one of the major projects in TfL’s Business Plan, is an intrinsic part of the Barking Riverside development, a 180-hectare site on the northern bank of the River Thames that will become home to one of London’s most significant housing developments.
Preparation work for the extension will commence immediately, with main construction due to start in early 2019 and train services commencing from late 2021. Under the contract, MSVF will deliver:
- A 4.5km extension to Barking Riverside, from the Tilbury Loop Line between Barking and Dagenham Dock stations to Barking Riverside
- Reconfiguration of Network Rail’s Ripple Lane goods yard to allow the extension to connect to the Tilbury Loop
- Construction of a viaduct over the Ripple Lane yard. This will require the viaduct to be built over the Tilbury Loop and foundations constructed between the HS1 tunnels
- Continuation of the viaduct for a further 1.5km over Renwick Road and into the heart of Barking Riverside
- Construction of a new terminus station within the Barking Riverside town square. The station will have step-free access from street to train.
The London Overground extension will deliver a sustainable public transport alternative to car travel and link Barking Riverside into London’s wider public transport network through connections at Barking, with District and Hammersmith & City services and c2c services to London Fenchurch Street and Essex.
The service will operate with four trains an hour and feature electric London Overground trains with air-conditioning and walk-through carriages, for customer comfort.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.