An exciting opportunity exists for a hands-on data driven individual to join our Commercial team supporting our Milton Keynes Waste Recovery Park contract. Amey's Waste Recovery Park combines state of the art mechanical treatment and the latest in energy recovery technologies to manage black sack waste from the local area in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way.
As a Commercial Assistant you will provide pivotal support to the wider Commercial team and work closely with the Head of Commercial to support business and contractual objectives, and ensuring commercial best practice is consistently adhered to. The role will cover project work as well as managing the various streams associated with a complex project.
- Assist in the measurement and valuation of general works including the sourcing of vendors, tendering and response evaluation.
- Support the Commercial Team in exercising full cost control of the project during the operational phase
- Assist in producing regular cost and value data to support the Commercial team in production of forecasts
- Assist in the collation of data with respect of all variations to the works in conjunction with other project team members
- Ensure that all records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting any claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations.
- Support the Commercial team in all aspects of subcontract procurement and payment
- Assist the Commercial Team in submitting in a timely manner applications for payment, change requests and any additional contractual requirements
What are we looking for?
This role would suit a hands-on individual who is looking to make a difference in a new and exciting project. You'll need to be determined to support the success of a key contract for Amey and contribute to the continuing improvement of sustainable waste treatment solutions as a business. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience working in a business support function, ideally with exposure to financial or quantity surveying tasks. You'll need to show clearly where you've added value to a business and where your skills support this requirement. A relevant degree or qualification in a QS related arena would be advantageous, as would exposure to the Waste Treatment industry. Financial acumen will need to be a part of your psyche and although we're looking for a multi skilled and adaptable person, you'll be measured on what you can achieve to move our project forward in to the next stage.
Fundamentally this role requires a very determined administrator with a methodical and accurate approach to working and excellent attention to detail, with an appetite to progress a career within a Commercial environment that will assist you in developing your skills even further.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.