L&Q is a regulated charitable housing association and one of the UK’s most successful independent social businesses. The L&Q Group houses around 250,000 people in more than 97,000 homes, primarily across London and the South East.
As a charitable organisation, our role goes beyond providing homes and housing services. We are a long-term partner in the neighbourhoods where we work. We hope to build aspiration, opportunity and confidence in our communities through our £250 million L&Q Foundation and our skills academy.
In response to the housing and affordability crisis, we will build 100,000 new homes over ten years. Of these, 60,000 homes will be built or funded by L&Q, whilst a further 40,000 will come through partnerships. Crucially, at least 50% of these new homes will be genuinely affordable, with a target of 60% in London.
Our vision is that everyone has a quality home they can afford, and we combine our social purpose with commercial drive to create homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.
Title: Administration Assistant
Contract type: Permanent, Part Time (21 hours per week)
Location: Stratford and occasionally other L&Q offices in Greater London
- In 2017, L&Q launched our Academy to recruit, retain and progress the most talented staff in our business; and to engage, motivate and support our residents and others living in our communities to gain important skills and opportunities to enter employment. The Academy manages and provides apprenticeships, training and qualifications for staff and also our graduate programme.
- The Administrative Assistant role is a new post created to support the small Academy team to deliver its programmes and services. This role will involve supporting the team with administrative support including maintaining detailed records and statistics, being responsible for all administration and data to ensure it is complete, accurate and up to date to enable accurate monitoring and reporting. Good communication is key for this role as you will be maintaining relationships with external agencies as well as other departments of L&Q. Good office IT skills are essential including use of Microsoft Office and data management systems.
- The Academy team are based on two sites at Stratford and Sidcup and comprise a Head of Service and two Project Managers, both of whom are supported by two project officers. The administrative assistant role reports directly to the Head of Academy.
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, experienced administrative assistant who is able to work with and actively support the team, whilst being able to work alone when needed.
- GCSE English & Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent) (E)
- Knowledge of practical office administration
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Good IT skills: able to use: MS Office applications and spreadsheets
- Ability to use (after training) and data input to other software
- Proven administrative experience
If you believe you have the qualities we are after and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
Closing date for completed applications: 7th June 2019
To be placed in: Internal and External
Interviews will be held on: 20th June 2019
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility