We are looking for an Assistant Procurement Manager / Assistant Buyer to be based at the Our Town Hall project in Manchester city centre.
The role will to be to initially provide day to day account management of indirect supply frameworks (office products, PPE, etc.).
Essential skills and experience:
- Business or construction related degree / equivalent / working towards / or previous procurement experience
- Willing to gain further education and qualifications in the field of Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Good ICT skills and knowledge
- Excellent time management skills
Duties & accountabilities:
- Procurement activities to ensure best value is achieved through procurement of centrally controlled spend, including sourcing and negotiation of pricing for catalogue items
- Expediting and managing supplier relationships where required
- Undertake procurement activities for new or one-off corporate or cross-project requirements from the business
- To support the Category Managers where applicable and to assist the Strategic Sourcing Buyer in tendering and awarding material supply agreements