We are looking for an Assistant Commercial Manager to contribute to a range of activities to deliver efficient construction site operations, contributing to the management of site services in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures.
Essential skills and experience:
- Studying for a relevant tertiary qualification in Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying leading to RICS membership, by part time/Day Release.
- Computing skills with capabilities in using Word and Excel, may also require experience in using accounting software.
- Planning and organising skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively within strict timeframes.
- Good interpersonal skills to maintain relationships and coordinate internal and external stakeholder requirements.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Contribute to the preparation of purchasing reports, receipts and acknowledgement of materials and supplies to contribute to the preparation of internal construction works reporting by senior construction management staff.
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of proper documentation, systems and processes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness of site administration processes and service for stakeholders, ensuring activities comply with legislative and statutory regulations.
- Liaison with external suppliers to manage the efficient provision of scaffolding supplies and waste management services as directed and within defined parameters.
- Coordination of, and contribution to, the preparation of construction works contracts, ensuring all necessary documentation is distributed and processed, all amendments are accurately recorded, and appropriate approval and sign off is provided to support efficient site management activities.