Principal Track Engineer (Rail Design)
25119752, Principal Track Engineer (Rail Design)
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Lead a design team to ensure:
Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications Project requirements and are fully met Advice and guidance is provided for staff, and professional development is actively pursued Good relationships are maintained with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company
What will this role involve?
- Develop effective concept design solutions that are consistent with the project brief
- Undertake a wide range of design work on all aspects of the functions design and maintenance
- Implement effective, value for money and innovative design solutions to meet technical and project requirements
- Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief
- Progress projects through preliminary and detailed design with particular emphasis on client requirements and innovation
- Liaise with clients and ensure their requirements are effectively communicated to the team
What are we looking for?
- Chartered Engineer (CEng / IEng through CIBSE, Inst Energy) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements
- Experience working within PWay Design on large, multi-disciplinary projects
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD for production of both GAs and schematics in conjunction with CAD team
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that technically sound design solutions are produced, including all associated reporting and cost estimating, to programme and within budget and ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards while mentoring junior staff.