Electrical Design Engineer (Rail)
25120411001, Electrical Design Engineer (Rail)
Come and work on Transpennine Route Upgrade
Amey Consulting, as part of the Transpire Alliance, are working on delivering the high-profile Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) project which is a major programme of rail improvement that will have a real and lasting impact on people and communities in the North of England. We are connecting towns and cities, improving journey times and supporting economic growth for generations to come. TRU aims to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. The route covers 76 miles of track, 8 tunnels, 15 viaducts, 25 stations and 270 bridges.
As a result of the long-term contract on TRU, Amey Consulting are looking to recruit across all of our Northern offices to support our design engineering team.
The right type of person to join our team would be:
- Driven to produce highly technical and complex design solutions
- Dedicated to a high-profile, long-term project
- Customer-focused, giving attention to detail ensuring client satisfaction
- Someone who values flexible working, ensuring a healthy work-life balance to suit every lifestyle
- Enthusiastic and enjoys being a part of a diverse team
- Interested in learning and mentoring opportunities
- Focused on personal and professional development
What is the purpose of this role?
Assist the Electrical design team to produce Electrical Designs for our clients.
What will this role involve?
The successful candidate will undertake production of E&P design as part of a dedicated E&P design engineering team. In addition, they must be able to supervise the work of other staff when required (i.e. provide mentorship of other staff).
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or Ieng
- Good communications and team working skills
- Relevant years of experience within the rail industry
- Ability to independently undertake design and assessment work for electrical and lighting designs
- Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards relevant to Civil/Structural design
- Deputise for the CRE as required
- Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
- Understand the interfaces between electrical and lighting engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed.
What makes this role unique?
You will produce innovative and cost effective whole life cycle design solutions.